Friday, February 27, 2009

Gratitude

I wonder if we'll someday talk to our children about the current economic state, in the same way our grandparents talked about the Great Depression. I've never personally seen a time where there are so many layoffs, people losing their houses, their stability, and with that- their confidence, and security.

The more I see things like this going on around us, the more grateful I am. I'm grateful that we felt prompted to, very quickly, pack up and move to the east valley 4 years ago, instead of waiting around to get more out of our west valley home. I'm grateful that we found a house that is easily affordable, that we can be comfortable in for a long time. I'm grateful that our family has been healthy (knock on wood). I'm grateful that Eric was able to start his MBA program, and even more grateful that he's almost finished. I'm grateful for the ability to see that this is a time to cut back, and live WELL within our means, so that if there ever was an emergency, we could handle it. I'm grateful for the security of knowing I have an education, and that if times got rough, I could help to relieve the financial burdens. This list could go on and on...

But today, I am MOST grateful for a hubby who has sacrificed so much to be able to provide for our family. He does such an amazing job! I know it's been stressful for him over the past few years; working extra hours, taking on extra projects, starting a side business, and getting his MBA, all while trying to give the kids and me some attention.

Today Eric had his yearly review. He's now been at Wells Fargo for 3 years. He really is a testament to the impact of hard work. When he started there, he basically took a pay cut and lesser position in order to be someplace where he felt secure, not to mention close to home. In the past 3 years, he has worked his tail off to prove to those around him that he is a good employee. And those he's worked for  have noticed. At a time when many people are taking pay cuts to keep their jobs...Eric got a 5 rating (out of 5) and a great raise and bonus that accompany that perfect rating. YOU GO BOY!!!

I am so grateful for a hard working hubby, who is such an amazing example to the kids of how to work hard, and the rewards that come from that. He is such a blessing in our lives, and we can hardly wait until May(when he graduates), when he'll be able to be around a whole lot more.

We love you, Eric! To us, you're a ROCKSTAR!!!

2 comments:

N Godown said...

We love you Stewart Family! You totally deserve this! Way to go Rico!

Corinne said...

That's so awesome! He's such a keeper. Not only cause he's worked his tail off, but you guys are great at teaching your kiddos about this so they know how to do it right when they have their own families. You guys are awesome! A big "Atta Boy!" to all of you. You've done it together. We hope some day we can grow up to be just like you :)