I was looking back through pictures today and realized that I never blogged about our weekend getaway in Sept. DUH!
Sometimes I plan trips or vacations and build them up in my head. Then when they actually happen, they’re not always as wonderful as I’d hoped or imagined. This time it was MORE than I could ever have imagined! It was, honestly, one of the most AWESOME family vacations, EVER!!! Everything went perfectly, and the kids were just so sweet & grateful that they could hardly contain themselves. It was PERFECT!
I surprised everyone, including Eric with a weekend getaway to the AZ GRAND RESORT (formerly The Pointe-South Mountain Resort). They have a HUGE water park (The Oasis), complete with 2 water slides, a giant lazy river, sport pool, & wave pool. It was like spending 2 days at Big Surf. It also had 6 different “regular” pools throughout the resort. We had 1 right outside our room! We spent 2 full days just playing in the water and letting the kids run like crazy people. We all LOVED it, and will probably make it a family tradition to go there once a year.
Here are some pics from the trip…
The 1st thing we did was hike to the top of this hill to go to “Rustler’s Roost” for dinner. From the bottom of the hill, it didn’t seem so big. But, I’m quite certain it grew bigger as we hiked. The kids were troopers, and it was worth the hike!
Here are the kids in their Rustler’s Roost hats…
Mom & Dad in heaven… (love those kiddos)
Chan & Shelbs
Harls & Tater
The Oasis Water Park…
wave pool…
aaaahhhhhhhhh…
Chan spent alot of time with Tatum. She’s just learning how to swim, and Chan was helping her to get her backstroke down. It was ADORABLE!
Best sister-friends…
The whole crew…
Ready to go home after a PERFECT family weekend! Last stop, RAW for some sushi.
Go me! I FINALLY got one right! :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you went back and blogged your vacation. It was so fun to see you all enjoying being a family. It made me think back to our Disneyland trip and all the wonderful memories of that trip. Your kiddos are so fun to vacation with. They are the perfect ages to be perfect to play with. Glad you take the time to do that. Love you all!
Post a Comment