Our little Chan Man turned 11 on July 9th. With that, it’s hard to believe 2 things…
#1--That I could possibly be old enough to have an 11 year old. I mean, didn’t I just graduate from high school a couple months ago? I guess it’s been a little longer than that. :(
#2--That he could possibly be that old! It seems like just the other day that he was born. Yet, it seems like he’s been here FOREVER! He is such a great young man. We are SO proud of him!
For his 11th B-day, he requested a trip to visit his Great Uncle Tom in Sierra Vista, AZ to go shooting and out to lunch. So we made arrangements for the girls to go to Grandma & Grandpa’s for the day, and headed down there. It was a great little trip, as always. We sure enjoy our time with Uncle Tom.
Here are some pics of the shooting range…
Uncle Tom brought a couple of pistols for Chandler to shoot. His favorite was the Walther P22. He probably shot 200 rounds through it, and told us as we left, that he was gonna save his money to buy one.
Grandpa Stewart had us take his Winchester .45 long rifle to test out some reloads for him. We ALL enjoyed shooting it. Can you tell by the look on my face? :)
I also took my dad’s 22. He let us use it while he’s on his mission. I LOVE shooting that thing. It takes me back to when my dad would take us out to shoot cans when we went on the Father/Daughter campouts. Good times!
That night, it was out night to watch all the munchkins involved in our babysitting co-op. So we did a mini party for Chan Man. His sisters bought him a HALO encyclopedia that they’d found WEEKS before his b-day. It sat in my closet for weeks, waiting for his b-day to come around. They were so excited to give it to him! And, he LOVED it!
Here’s the b-day crew…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Chan!
(He’ll have a b-day party with his friends in a week or so. Stay tuned…)
1 comment:
Dad was so happy to see his 22 in use. Glad you're keeping it running for us. I loved the picture of Chan man with all the cousins on date night. What a great thing that is for them. You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment