Thursday, November 8, 2012

An old dog tries new tricks...

I guess you're never too old to try something new. Over the last few weeks I've decided to branch out a little...

New trick #1: While we were sitting, watching people run on the beach in California, Eric and I decided that we wanted to try jogging. I've always said, "the only reason I'd ever run was if a crazy person was chasing me." Well, we decided we were going to tackle this challenge together.
So, we found a "couch to 5k" schedule online and headed out. Now, 3 weeks into it I can't say that we're super fast or awesome runners, but we're enjoying it! I just hope my 80 year old knees will keep up with my enthusiasm for jogging.

New trick #2: Shelby and I are reading a book together! That's right... I said READING!!! Shelbs is definitely my child. She's never been a fan of reading. I know it's important, so I've tried to encourage her. However, she seems to have a hard time finding books that she can stick with. So, I told her I'd read something with her. I've heard good things about "The Secret Garden". So, I downloaded it into my iPhone, and got her the book from the library. We're now 10 chapters in, and we're really enjoying it. Plus, it's awesome to spend this time with my Shelby girl.

So, I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

1 comment:

LBJ said...

I'm so happy for you and proud too. It is true that old dogs can learn. I speak a little French. Both tricks are great ones. Good for you and Eric and Shelby!