Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm here!!!




Well...I'm here! I broke down and entered the world of blogging. I don't know how well I'll be able to stick to it, but at least I can make a good effort, right? :)
Everyone is good, and life changes quickly...
Eric started school in 2007. He's working on his MBA. It's really been hard on him to work full-time, go to school in the evenings, and be a family man and functional member of the church. He's doing such a great job, I think! He's just finishing up with finals this week, and then he'll be off until the Fall. Then he'll graduate one year from now. HOORAY!!!
Chandler's the man. He is such a smart boy who is really fun to have around. He's about to finish his 2nd grade year, and his teacher has openly dubbed him the class "smarty-pants". He's basically turned into the Teacher's Assistant. I was in class one day, when she was having him walk around and check the other kids' assignments for them. He loves it! He'll turn 9 in July and is really excited to start 3rd grade.
Shelby just turned 7, and is finishing her 1st grade year. She LOVES it! She is learning so much, and has recently discovered a wonderful self-confidence that I think had been lacking. She has realized that she really is a smart and wonderful girl, like her mommy always said. :) She is the best big sister, too! And she loves to help me in the kitchen. We've been making a lot of homemade bread lately, and it has been a BLAST! She's also in her 3rd year of gymnastics, and is really excelling at that. Sometimes I think she's on her head more than her feet. Oh well...
Harley...she's full of it! I'm not sure what "IT" is, but I know she's got it. She has more personality than should be allowed. She's constantly got us in stitches. She's 4 years old, and in preschool this year with her grammy, and she LOVES it! It makes her feel pretty special that she gets to see grammy and papa more than everyone else. She is so smart! She's learning so much so fast. She is constantly surprising us with the things that we didn't realize she knew.
Tatum/Tater Tot is adorable as always. She is her daddy's girl. BIG TIME!!! They have got each other wrapped. She'll be 3 this month, and is trying really hard to keep up with Harley. We have 3 days a week when it's just the two of us, and it's been fun to have some time together.
As for me... I'm not that exciting. I'm just trying to keep up with everyone else. I just celebrated my one year anniversary of being in the Primary Presidency. I'm the Secretary. It has been the most challenging calling of my life!!! For those of you who are like I was, and think that your secretary is the one who stands in the hall and just collects the rolls on Sundays...THINK AGAIN!!! Our Primary is huge! We have 130 kids which equates to about 18 classes. All of which, I am responsible for keeping straight. UGH!!! It's been a real eye opener for me about the workings within the Primary. That being said... I LOVE IT!!! I've always avoided Primary like it was the plague, but now I know it's the place for me. It is the greatest, even though it keeps me running faster than I thought I ever could. I'm doing some hair, but trying to cut back on that, because I'm going to be teaching preschool at home next year. I've got a full class, and am getting more excited about it every day. Harley and Tater will both be in my class next year, which will make it even better.
We're also planning our first family trip to DISNEYLAND in June. We've never taken the kids, so they can hardly stand the wait. We started a D-Land Fund a couple of months ago, and have saved over $200 in loose change. Eric and I will also be celebrating our 10th anniversary in July, and have planned a cruise in January to celebrate.

So... if you've managed to make it through all of that, and survived to this point...the moral of the story is that the Stewart Clan is doing GREAT!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer Tassainer said...

Em, I'm so glad you're blogging! That picture is great and I love to hear about what you're kids are doing. Harley and Tatum alone ought to give you enough "material" to blog about. Add Chandler and Shelby and you'll have tons of fun to share. You're kids are wonderful and so are you and Eric!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! You're a blogger! I LOVE keeping up on people this way! I'm adding you to my links list!

azrichard said...

Pretty hard to oversell kids to a grand-pa --love the blog. Keep it up.

(As if many of know what a HTML tag is, or what the heck it does.)

Corinne said...

Love the blog! That picture of the fam is so stinkin' cute! Hooray for breaks from school! We definitely need to get together while the guys are on break. I feel like we haven't seen you guys forever and Jameson loves playing with your kiddos. So glad you've joined the realm of the bloggers!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Welcome! Glad ya made it!

N Godown said...

YEAH!!! Now we never have to call you again! We can just check your blob. Good to see your cute little faces. We can't believe how big the kids are! We miss and love you.

Allison said...

Yeah - Welcome to the bloggin' world!