Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day!

I don't have any pictures to go along with this post. (I wish I had thought to take some.) However, that doesn't make this Mother's Day any less wonderful!
I woke up Sunday morning to a clean house, beautiful roses, and a fabulous breakfast of strawberry crepes. YUM!!! They were so great!
Eric had gotten the kids up super early, and when I woke up it was all there, along with some adorable handmade Mother's Day cards from the rugrats, and a gift certificate good for Teeth Whitening. HOORAY! Later, we went to church, where we were given See's chocolate bars. YUM, again! Then it was off to Grandma Stewart's to wish her a happy day! It was a great day.
You may have noticed that we didn't visit my mom. Let me explain...
My dad mentioned to me that my mom was feeling guilty about making everyone give up their own Mother's Days to drive from all over town to visit her. So I, came up with a plan, and luckily my siblings didn't think it was too crazy. We decided to have a Mother's Day Family Night last night (the day after Mother's Day). Everyone came over to our house last night for dinner. Everyone was given an assignment to help with food, except for Stacy whose assignment was to "HAVE A BABY!" Unfortunately, she didn't follow through on her assignment and sadly, she is still pregnant. :( It was a great night! The 16 kids and 14 adults had a grand time spending time together, and just hanging out.
The kids and grandkids had also made a book for my mom. If you know her, you should ask her about it. I bet she'd show it to you. :) I asked everyone in the family to finish the following phrases: "I love my Grammy/Mom because..." and "One thing I've learned from Grammy/Mom is...". Then we compiled them in an album with individual and family pictures of everyone. It turned out to be way cuter than I had even imagined it would be. It totally made her cry, which I admit was the intended affect. :) It was the perfect night just for mom!
So... even though I don't have any pics to show for it, it was a memory I'll never forget.
Thanks mom (and dad), for starting this big bunch of yahoos. We all love you!
Happy late Mother's Day to all!

3 comments:

Jennifer Tassainer said...

Em, the party was wonderful. You really know how to throw a shindig! Thanks for all your hard work on the book, it was the perfect idea!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Em, thanks for putting it all together, it was a fantastic night! Glad you also had a great Mothers Day!

The Bramwell's said...

What a cute idea! I may have to steal that from you for mother's day next year for my mom!

Oh, and I love your blog! So nice to have you in this world! :o)