Our theme this year was "Rise to the Occasion!" I went and stole all my mom's antique kitchen stuff, plus used a bunch of my own stuff to decorate the display tables. It turned out really cute!
The girls did a great job of conducting, presenting, and participating. Our YW and their leaders both totally R*O*C*K*!!! Our personal progress leader spoke about "The Recipe" (a.k.a.- Personal Progress), and then I spoke on "The Ingredients"(a.k.a.- the YW theme & Values). Then the Bishop spoke about the Sanctity of Womanhood, and it was over. Oh yeah...we also had the GREATEST cinnamon rolls! A lady in our stake makes all kinds of yummy baked goods, and she helped us out by making FABULOUS cinnamon rolls which added the perfect touch to our "Rise to the Occasion" theme. Thanks Bonnie Page! We owe you, BIG TIME!!!
It was a short, great meeting that went perfectly according to plans. If the feedback we received is any reflection on the evening...I'd say it was a total success! Thanks to all who helped to pull it off. Now we can breathe for a few months...until the next big event! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment