Monday, March 29, 2010

While you were out…

I recently spent 3 days at Stake Youth Conference in Flagstaff, AZ. It was SO cold. I’m such a desert rat! My group made it so much easier for me to be away from home.
They were such great kids. We never had a single problem. Phew! Here’s my group…

P3200022

While I was gone, my sweet hubby and kiddos plotted my birthday present.

DSC_0004 

DSC_0002

DSC_0007

When I got home, I was met by the most excited little family.

DSC_0010

Next, they led me through the house to a new set of knives that I’ve been wanting…

DSC_0011 

DSC_0017

Next, they led me to what they’d spent a ton of time on…

DSC_0018

Something I’ve been wanting for a LONG time… A GARDEN BOX PLANTER!

 DSC_0023

So we spent last weekend planting our very first family garden. We planted yellow squash, banana squash, snap beans, green peppers, cucumbers, peas, carrots, lettuce, cantaloupe, and zucchini.

Chandler also wanted corn…

DSC_0039

Shelby wanted watermelons…

DSC_0037

Tatum wanted strawberries…

DSC_0036

And Harley wanted tomatoes, so we planted 2 plants in separate pots…

DSC_0034 

We also have another planter that we’ve previously planted flowers in. This time, we used it for things like rosemary, jalapeno, oregano, cilantro, green onions, and sunflowers. While most of these things we planted were from seed, there were a few that were transplants. Don’t they look cute?

DSC_0041 (2) 

I am so excited for our little garden to grow! I’ll keep you posted on how it goes…

2 comments:

LBJ said...

So glad you blogged about this. I can just imagine the fun of the surprise of your adorable kids (and Dad) Can't wait to see how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

Stacy and Derek said...

It turned out great! I love the expressions on their faces. They will remember this for a long time. :)