Thursday, June 17, 2010

Graduating to bigger things

Tater graduated from Preschool in May.

DSC_0073

This brings very mixed emotions for me. I am THRILLED for her to start Kindergarten because she is SO excited she can hardly contain herself. However, she and I have grown SO close over the last year. Spending everyday with her has been such a joy. I’ll miss having her around everyday. I mean… who am I going to go to the store with? I try not to think about this part, because it makes me SO sad. So I just keep talking to her about how exciting it’s going to be!

Here are the pics from our preschool graduation this year…

Getting ready for the big program…

DSC_0042 (4)

Performing our preschool songs for our family members…

DSC_0053 (4)

Saying what our favorite thing was about preschool, and receiving our graduation certificates…

DSC_0059 (2)

Next year, I’m going to be able to spend a little more time in the kids’ classrooms, and on their field trips. I’ve decided not to continue teaching preschool. It was a great experience for me to be able to teach Harley and Tatum. But, now I need to focus more of my time and attention on being a mom. It’s my #1 job, and I’m excited to be able to give it all the attention it deserves. I hope I’ll be able to survive being in a quiet house, by myself all day. I’m told that I’ll get used to it really quickly. :)

We’ll see…

1 comment:

LBJ said...

Your comment about time alone with Tatum made me very nostalgic. I don't think that you would remember, but I do. There was enough time between you and Corinne that I had you all to myself one school year. It was such a special time for me and I was sad too when you went off to Kindergarten. But it's a great memory. I didn't get that kind of time with most of the other kids. Just you and Scott.