Saturday, March 17, 2012

A fun family day

Today was the first day in a long time that we didn’t have ANYTHING planned. That NEVER happens lately. So, we took advantage of it. Since today was also St. Patty’s Day, we started out with everyone putting on their green clothes, and sitting down for some green breakfast…

IMG_0448

Next, we headed over to the San Tan Mountains for a hike. This was my first real hike since my ACL replacement a year ago. Consequently, I was a little nervous. We did this same hike a year ago, about a month before my surgery and I wasn’t able to make it to the top. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went this time. I admit that it was a little harder than I expected it to be, but I made it to the top, and I’m very proud of myself. Here’s a few pics of us at the top of the mountain…

IMG_0457IMG_0459IMG_0461

After the hike we ran some errands while the kids did their Saturday chores. Then, we came home and had our St. Patty’s Day traditional corned beef and cabbage. It was as yummy as always! After that, the skies turned gray and the wind rolled in. So, what do you do when the wind starts blowing… Fly a KITE!…

IMG_0449IMG_0452IMG_0453

It was a wonderful family day, and just what the Dr ordered!

1 comment:

LBJ said...

What a great GREEN family day. it's good to take time to do that kind of thing. Glad the knee held out, Em.