On Day 2 of our trip, we went to SEA WORLD! I LOVE SEA WORLD!!! This is so weird, even to me, because I have a very real ENORMOUS fear of fish and water creatures. However, I still LOVE Sea World! I think it's because of the shows, and what the animals are able to do. It's pretty amazing stuff.
We got there 15 minutes before it opened, and went inside SUPER excited to be able to share this cool place with our kids for the first time. They had no idea what to expect, but I'm quite sure they were NOT disappointed.
Our first stop was to pet the dolphins. They were a little distracted by a photo shoot they were doing, so we left and headed to the Shipwreck Rapids ride. We rode it twice because it was so much fun. Our second time through, we got SOAKED! It was so much fun, and totally broke the ice for the kids. After that, they were hooked!
Next, we headed to the Shamu show. We made a few stops along the way to see the star fish and a couple of aquariums (which I stayed outside for). Stepping into the Shamu show, the girls decided that they wanted to sit in the "soak zone". So, down they went to the 6th row.
Those of us who wanted to stay a little dryer stayed up a few rows.
Cute Tater came back up to us right before the show started, and she's so glad she did because we ended up getting this shot with Shamu right at the end of the show. So cute!
After Shamu, we had some lunch, then headed to the dolphin show. It was my favorite thing of the day. It was AMAZING! So much talent involved in putting it together. Here's a few shots from before it started. We didn't take any after pics... We were too busy drying off. We got TOTALLY SOAKED! It was pretty awesome!
Do they get any cuter?!?!?
After the dolphin show we hit the sea lion and otter show. It wasn't as well done as I remember it, but the kids LOVED it. For some of the kids, it was their favorite thing of the day because there was so much humor and silliness involved.
After that, we headed to a couple more rides, and attractions before heading home.
It was a great day! I think the kids are hooked on Sea World!
Finally, we headed home to rest up for Day #3 of our trip...
Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment