Well...the last week has been a whirlwind, but it has been an amazing adventure. We took the fam to California for 4 days this week. The main even t was our 1st family trip to DISNEYLAND!!! I have lots to write about so you're going to get it in installments, but I have to get it all on my blog for posterity. So, hope you don't mind.
Day 1: This was a day to drive to Cali, and spend some time at the beach. The trip was flawless, and the kids were angels! They slept most of the way there, and the DVD player took care of the rest. Thank heaven for modern technology!
We went to Huntington Beach, which was not far from our hotel. We'd never been there before, and DANG, it was super busy. Oh well... life goes on. We found a spot and proceeded to jump right in to beach activities. Now...anyone who knows me, knows that I love everything about the beach, with the exception of the salt water, the sand, the sun, and the crowds. UGH!!! Other than those few things, I love the beach! ;) So you won't see me in any of the pictures because I parked my rear end on a towel, and tried desperately not to touch a grain of sand. The kids and Eric, on the other hand, loved everything about it!
I thought Chandler was going to turn into a fish and swim off into the waves.
Shelby and Harley had to warm up to the idea of getting in the ocean, but loved it once they did.
And Tatum, well, she didn't spend much time in the water, but she did an awful lot of swimming in the sand. YUCK!
I have to admit that I was seriously grossed out, but let them have their fun without letting the OCD clean freak in me take over. 
After a couple of hours we showered off and headed for the hotel. We stayed at the Embassy Suites- North in Anaheim. (I highly recommend it! We had a 2 room suite that worked perfectly for our big family.) This is where we met my parents. Oh...I forgot to mention...Grammy and Papa Jameson joined us for this adventure. We got ourselves all cleaned up and settled, and then they joined us for a few games of "Go Fish!" and "War". Then it was off to bed to get rested up for the next 2 days at Disneyland.
So, Day 1 was a major success!
4 comments:
HOW FUN!!!!!! What a great trip!!!! I am jealous! I wanna go!
Sounds like a blast! We love the Embassy Suites. Whenever we go that's where we stay, we LOVE it! How fun that the grandparents get to come too. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
Can't wait for the latest additon. I'm trying to get with this blogging thing. Can old dogs learn new tricks?
We loved being there. it will be fun to see the reruns.
Post a Comment