Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The tradition continues...

As my siblings can attest, for literally my entire life, my dad was either in a Bishopric or a member of the Stake Presidency. (That's a whole other story...) Every Sunday morning we would get up to the sound of my dad saying "See 'ya in church!", as he headed out for his millions of Sunday meetings. It became a joke around our house, and people started saying it every time they'd leave the house. Going on a date, out with friends, to mutual, to work, to a football game... always the same thing..."See 'ya in church!" Ahhh childhood memories...


Now back to the present day. ..The last few weeks I have left as early as 7am on Sunday to attend my YW meetings, leaving Eric at home to get everyone up and dressed to leave without me. (Keep in mind that means he has to do hair for 3 girls.) He has done an awesome job! This week I even came home to a clean house and dinner in the crock-pot. I'm so spoiled! As I've left for my meetings, it has been funny to be on the other end of the phrase. "See 'ya in church!", I say as I leave. That phrase has come to mean so much more. Now it means begging the kids to be good, and help dad/mom because they're seriously outnumbered.




And so the tradition continues...
"See 'ya in church!"

3 comments:

Stacy and Derek said...

That's so funny! It's amazing how things come full circle, huh? :)

LBJ said...

You mentioned that the phrase had come to mean so much more. It always meant so much more. You are just on the othere side of life enough to see it now. It is truly amazing how life continues on in the same way generation after generation and we only understand the last one when we get into their shoes. I'm sure grandpa is still experiencing things I'm going to understand in 25 years, if I'm still around. You're doing a great job... all of you.

Jennifer Tassainer said...

I love it! I am so grateful for the example of Mom and Dad and their willingness to serve without complaint...ever! You and Eric are carrying on that tradition and I know that your children will benefit from your example. You guys are AWESOME!!! See ya' in church!