Harley came in today and said, “Mom, I was mistaken yesterday when I told you that I go to Kindergarten in 7 days. TODAY it’s only 7 days away. Silly me!” I can’t believe she’s heading off to FULL-DAY Kindergarten. I know she’s completely ready for the challenge, but I’M NOT!!!
I actually cry every time the kids go back to school. After every Fall Break… every Christmas Break… every Spring Break… and every Summer Break… I cry even thinking about it. (Here come the water works!)
Shelby even wrote a story at school last year about me being a baby. Her story said, “On break we got to go a lot of places. It was so fun that my mom cried while she was driving us to school. My mom loved spring break!”
Hopefully someday, they’ll realize that it’s THEM I loved… not the break. :)
2 comments:
I can't believe Harley's old enough for kindergarten! Be strong, Em. And if you ever need to be annoyed by little children, just give me a call...I'd be happy to share my little darlings with ya'! :)
Do you remember me crying when school started every year? It may be in the genes or maybe in having wonderful kids.
Post a Comment