Yesterday, Chandler said, “Mom, when are you going to stop treating me like a 4 year old and start treating me like I’m ten? I can walk home from piano, Mom. GEEZ!" Has teenage-hood really hit us already? UGH!
In reality, it’s not HIM that has the problem with the 10 year old thing… It’s actually ME with the problem! If I let them grow up, they might not think I’m as cool or fun anymore. They might not want me around as much. They might not NEED me around as much. :(
My mom told me once that a mother’s job is to help your kids to NEED you less and less the older they get, by teaching them to be independent. I understand that… BUT… THAT DOESN’T MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE IT!!!
I guess that’s what I get for having such cool kids! If I didn’t like them so much, it might be easier to let them grow up. What’s a mother to do?
1 comment:
Actually, I still don't like it that my kids are so talented and competent and independent enough that they don't need me anymore, but I am proud! So can you be!
Post a Comment