Friday, November 20, 2009

Young Women in Excellence

This week was our YW in Excellence. It was FABULOUS! Let me say, right off the bat, that it wasn’t fabulous because of me. It was fabulous because I have the most AMAZING councilors and YW leaders. I literally could not do anything without them. I just gave them a theme, and off they ran.

Our theme was “VIRTUE”, which is the new YW value this year. We used D&C 25:2. It says, “And if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion.” We used Captain Moroni as an example of someone who walked in the path of virtue. A couple weeks before, we had a great activity where we talked about Moroni and the Title of Liberty in Alma 46. Then, we had each YW make their own Title of Liberty. It was pretty cool to see how different they all were. We displayed them all at YW in Excellence, and then my 2nd Councilor did all the decorating like a nephite camp. It was SO cool!

DSCN0474DSCN0476 DSCN0475DSCN0471 DSCN0472

There were lots of YW who had parts and they all did a GREAT job. Our YW are so awesome! They’re the best of the best! During my talk, I discussed how we can walk in the paths of virtue by living the standards outlined in For the Strength of Youth. So, we’d made bags for each of the girls with one item representing each of the 18 standards. They were so fun and cute, and I think the YW really liked them. Then, my 1st councilor made cheese fondue and stuff to dip in it. It was yummy! Once again, a councilor who just took it and ran. They completely ROCK!!!

DSCN0473

It was a wonderful night, and I couldn’t have asked any more from anyone involved. Thank you to EVERYONE involved!

1 comment:

LBJ said...

I''m so glad to see it all. What lucky girls to have such an experiences. It looks like an amazing evening. Thank you for sharing.