However, in the privacy of my own room, I was DEVASTATED! How could this be?!?! I have always been told that there are no indications that Alopecia is genetic. How could this have happened?!?! Even the Dr said he'd never seen a mother and daughter with the same condition.
I know that growing up with Alopecia literally made me who I am. I think it's made me more tolerant of other people; Understanding that there may be things that make them the way they are. I've tried to keep it in mind that there are worse things in the world, and that this too shall pass. I think it's made me a strong and confident woman.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!... It is NEVER something I would wish on my child. I think I was always a little disillusioned into thinking that if I had it, my kids would never have to have it. But, I guess I was wrong. Tater was almost exactly the same age I was when I discovered my first spots.
For a few months we watched her, covered her spots with other hair, and down played our emotions around the kids. And... Woo hoo! WE HAVE BABY HAIRS!!!
We're not necessarily out of the woods yet. She could always have more spots pop up. But for now, all is well, and we're all LOVING these baby hairs!


No comments:
Post a Comment