Having Papa (my dad) in Africa on his birthday is hard. How do we possibly tell him, when he's on the other side of the world, how much he means to us? It's pretty hard!
So, this year I had each of the kids take a big letter from P*A*P*A, and color it however they wanted to. Then, we took pictures of each of them with their letter, and put them together in one big picture. We figured he would be able to print it and keep it all year long to remember how much we love and miss him.
I just LOVE how it turned out...
I also wrote a message to him on Facebook that got LOTS of responses. I thought that was pretty cool... even though dad has yet to come to the dark side (Facebook). Mom allowed him to peak over her shoulder so he could see it, and he wrote me a very sweet note in response.
Here's a screenshot of the message I wrote, and the responses. It's obvious how many lives he has touched. I'm proud he's my "Papa". Love you, dad! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



No comments:
Post a Comment