Eric is great at so many things. I really lucked out snagging this guy.
One of the things that he's great at is all things mechanical. His motto is, "I can't break it any worse!"
He feels like he might as well try to fix it because if something's broken, he's not going to make it worse by trying to fix it.
Just this morning, I told him that my car was squeaking. (I had put off telling him for a while because I know he's had so much on his brain, and fixing the car was not high on his "to do" list.) So, what does he do? Not take it to a mechanic... He climbed under it, and did his thing. After tightening 2 bolts (totally 5 minutes of his time), the squeak is gone! That's my man!
One of the things he's been really good at, is teaching Chandler about cars. Last week, my car battery died. After pulling it out, he and Chandler went and had it tested. Sure enough, it was dead as a door nail. So they went and bought a new one. When they got home, it wasn't Eric that put in the new battery, it was Chandler! Eric stood back and held the flashlight, and gave Chandler instructions as he went along.
Someday, Chandler's wife is going to be very happy that his dad taught him to do this...
Thanks boys! My car fires right up... every time!

1 comment:
You're right that he's a wonderful Dad and your kids are very blessed. And I believe that you two deserve the title of those who are "equally yoked." What a blessed family you are!
Post a Comment