Monday, August 11, 2008

A wonderful welcome!

Yesterday was our first Sunday as part of the "new" ward. The Sacrament meeting was so awesome! The entire bishopric spoke about the spirit; how we welcome and receive it, and how we can feel it during Sacrament meeting. They all did an amazing job! Then our family sang together in public for the first time EVER! We sang "Teach Me to Walk in the Light". The kids sounded like little angels, and Eric was so nervous, but it never showed because he sang his heart out! I was so proud of them ALL!!!
We all felt so welcome, and were excited to meet lots of new friends. Sometimes changes can be hard, but sometimes it's exactly what the Doctor ordered...

4 comments:

laurie said...

you guys seriously have the most adorable family ever! so sad we missed the singing, let us know the next time you do it!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I am so glad it went well! I wish we could have heard you guys! that is so great the split went smoothly, those things can go either way. I am glad you are happy with it!

LBJ said...

So sad that we missed the family singing. I'm proud of you all , but most proud of Eric. Conquer you fear!!!! You go, Eric!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are feeling "at home" in the new ward! What a tight stake we're going to have with all of these splits!