Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We made it!

This morning, our family completed 2Nephi 24 in our family scripture study. To some of you this may not seem like much. But for us, it was a pretty big accomplishment! Chapter 24 is the last of 12 chapters in the Book of Mormon where Nephi is quoting Isaiah. It’s not an easy thing to get through, especially with 4 young kids, but we were determined to do it.

Every morning the kids were counting down ‘til we were out of Isaiah and on to understandable things. (I still think it’s funny that in chapter 25, Nephi refers to the “plainness” of Isaiah’s words. Maybe, someday they’ll be plain to the rest of us.) There was a real sense of accomplishment for everyone this morning as we closed our books and breathed that, “We Survived Isaiah” sigh of relief! On to the next part. Hooray!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

That's awesome! I've actually started there before because I'm all energetic about reading religiously so I get through that way. Then I start over and read to that point once I get to the end. I'm impressed you can do it with your kids. I can barely get through one verse a day with mine. :) Way to go!

LBJ said...

We are happy to hear that you persisted and made it. Congratulations! You rock! Keep up the good work.