One of the reasons I blog is to create a journal of sorts that my kids can read and hopefully learn from. That being sad... if you're not a "serious" or "sober" blog reader... stop reading now!!!
Last night our Stake had a realigning of the boundries. Wow!!! It's a major puzzle. They kept saying things like, "Then the boundry line goes through this greenbelt, and along the property line of this home..." It was a little crazy!
However, it was impossible to sit through that metting last night, and not feel that this realigning was done through revelation. I am so impressed by the Stake Presidency, and their ability to receive revelation for our Stake. We just got our boundries redone a year ago April, so it was kind of a shocker to hear that it was happening again. However, as I sat through the meeting, I felt a personal confirmation that this was the right thing for us! Others may feel differently, but as for us and our little family, this is perfect!
The changes mean that Eric and I both lose our callings. Eric has been the Career Development Specialist, but has only been there for a few months, and had yet to be trained. So... he's not feeling any great loss there. I have mixed emotions though. I have been serving as the Primary Secretary since the last boundry changes 16 months ago. It's a tough calling. Way tougher than I ever perceived it to be. Sundays are tiring, and getting ready for Sundays was almost more exhausting! However, I have grown to LOVE Primary!!!
I always said that I wasn't "Primary material". I thought I was one of those people who wouldn't enjoy being in Primary. Well... be careful what you say! I cried alot when I got this calling, and have learned over the last 16 months that Primary is awesome!!! It gets such a bad rep. Outside of the home, this is the place where the education of the gospel starts. It is such an important place to be. And people who are happy to be there are hard to find. So, I willfully admit that I was wrong about Primary, and I loved it there!
As a side note, I got a call this morning at 9am (they move FAST!) asking if our family would sing in Sacrament meeting this Sunday. Our very 1st Sunday in the new ward. No pressure!!! Of course, I said yes, but wasn't sure how Eric would feel about all of us singing. I called him at work to tell him the great news! ;) And he said he thought it would be good for us to do. Hooray!!! After 10 years of marriage, it seems that I may have finally convinced Eric that he has a great singing voice. He really sounds good, but because he never learned to read music, he was convinced that he couldn't sing. NOT SO!!! Anyway... I'm excited, and the kids are going to be thrilled! Chandler and I have sung in church before, and the rest of the kids ask all the time when it will be their turn. So this will be a fun fresh start to an awesome change for all of us!!!
4 comments:
Emily, I was so sad when I heard you would no longer be in our ward. I feel like we were just getting to know each other and then poof...your gone. I know your family will be a great asset in your new ward and for that I am excited for you. I hope we can still keep in touch and If you are still doing Pre-school next year I would love to put Ashton in your class. Talk to you soon and Good Luck Sunday, although you won't need it. :)
I also love primary, I love being a part of the spiritual growth process of all those sweet little spirits. I am sure the primary kids will miss you! I wish we could hear you sing! How sweet! I am sure you will be snatched up quickly for callings in your new ward.
I am sad to lose your family and so many other great ones in our ward...however, I, too, felt the confirmation that this change was made by specific revelation and that it will be a WONDERFUL thing. What awesome stake leaders we have...carry on, carry on, carry on!
Amen sister, I love this post. I've always thought that primary is the Gospel in it's purest form. here's to a new adventure!
Post a Comment