This year Tatum’s class did a “Harvest Celebration” and program on Wednesday. It was complete with handprint turkey shirts they made last week.
We met in her classroom to enjoy a “Harvest Snack” and do some fun activities.
After that, we went to the cafeteria to watch them perform the Thanksgiving songs they’d learned. It was ADORABLE!
She was a little nervous to be up in front of everyone. But when she was all finished, she was so proud of herself!
Later in the day, I went to Harley’s class where the class’s parents had prepared a Thanksgiving Feast. We made homemade cornbread muffin to contribute. She was very proud of them. (Love the silly turkey hat.)
She’d also decorated her placemat, and I LOVED what it said…
Thanksgiving day was spent hanging out as a family. Chandler helped me make waffles with our new waffle maker, which he was VERY excited about. When I say he “helped me”, I mean he read the owner’s manual cover to cover while I made waffles. (He does have a little bit of Papa’s blood in him.)
The boys played xbox, and dad had a little nap. (No pictures of either. ) Mom spent the entire day in the kitchen, which was exhausting. However, I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else. I really enjoy the cooking and baking that accompanies Thanksgiving festivities. (Once again, no pictures.) The girls spent most of the morning coloring Thanksgiving pictures. It was pretty cute, so of course, I took a picture.
In the afternoon, we headed over to Klint and Corinne’s house. They hosted this year. Once again, we missed mom and dad! (We tried to Skype with them earlier in the day, but they were off having they’re own Thanksgiving—African style. So we never did catch up with them. Bummer!) We spent a few hours eating, hanging out, playing Rock Band, shopping through Black Friday adds, and even opened up a couple pre-Christmas gifts that had been arranged by Papa and Grammy.
It was another great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment